Asian School of Business (ASB), Trivandrum is an autonomous institution offering an intensive MBA programme. As an established management that places emphasis on transcending the barriers created by ‘Conventional Education’, the business School is praised internationally for giving birth to a vibrant students’ community. ASB was launched in 2005 and promoted by Mr. George M. Thomas whose passionate approach to enriching on and off-campus lives of students has yielded unmatched success. Placing tremendous stress on the quality of education, Mr. George has been instrumental in developing Kerala's first international school that offers Cambridge A-levels and the International Baccalaureate programme.
The PGDM programme is designed by taking into account the present Dynamic environment in the world of management. The programme imbibes a judicious mix of theory and practice to help the students develop into professional managers. The curriculum is updated to keep pace with international standards and changing trends. ASB trains its students with not just theoretical knowledge but also with a hands-on-approach that gives them real-time insights into the workings of corporate world. By implementing a proven model that combines academics, in-depth case studies, management debates, talks from industry experts, the institute delivers a curriculum of international standards.
The institute has a state-of-the-art infrastructure, competent faculty and contemporary pedagogy that create an environment conducive for holistic learning. The programme also ensures vital components of peer learning and positive group dynamics. Research has shown that when a team has a positive dynamic, its members are nearly twice as creative as an average group. This makes us stand out as one among the best institutes offering a PGDM/MBA in Kerala.
Decision - making ability
1. It is a business school that focuses on transforming young people to create an impact through their leadership in business. To achieve this end, it encourages entrepreneurship as well as intrapreneurship, i.e., the quality by which you strive to behave like an entrepreneur in your organization.
2. ASB uses unique tools and techniques for leadership development. ASB will give you self-awareness that you will seldom gain in any other place. It teaches you how to use tools to overcome challenges that come up in an individual-specific way. Business schools or institutions that can match this capability are very rare and almost non-existent in India.
3. It has envious faculty with average of 13 years of work experience. This ensures that what is taught is industry-relevant. Most of them are trained mentors with capability to give you focused and personalized feedback and suggestions to enable you achieve your goals.
4. It has a strong academic partnership with Rajagiri School of Business Studies to facilitate seamless movement of knowledge and processes.
5. It follows an experiential and learner centric pedagogy to ensure that learning creates changes, and sticks. Cases, digital simulation, role plays, use of multimedia and films, group projects, group discussions, two sided exercises, industry visits, interaction with industry experts, industry research and internship in the industry are seamlessly integrated with class room discussion under the careful guidance of industry experienced core faculty.
6. It has an impeccable focus on placement and leaves no stone unturned to achieve it. The preplacement preparation such as training in preparation of your CVs, training in group discussion, personality development, aptitude tests and interview process are meticulously planned and executed.
7. ASB focuses on all round development with special focus on imbibing values, developing business acumen, learning to write a business plan, managerial communication, interpersonal skill development, leadership development, participating in competitions, conducting events and learning by doing.
8. ASB’s learning rigor would surprise you. We use a mix of pre class preparation, post class review, feedback and punctuality in submissions. While we focus on all round development, learning through academic rigor has the pride of place in ASB.
9. Every student in ASB is trained to develop a personal vision statement and live it. We place utmost importance on your individualism and respect your individual differences and potential. In doing so, ASB trains you to achieve fulfilment in life by choice. To achieve this, ASB facilitates every student to develop an Individual Development Plan or IDP.
10. In ASB, you will enjoy camaraderie, learn collaboration, environmental sensitivity, inclusiveness and gender sensitivity. You will live and work in a LEEDS certified environmental campus (certification for environmental friendliness) which is a uniqueness distinction of this institution. You will enjoy an environment with international compliance in safety and an inclusiveness. The eco-friendly campus is also compliant on international standards of physically challenged friendliness, something which not many business schools can boast of. This enhances your perspectives on empathy and respect for diversity, which are highly valued traits in the corporate world. We are a ‘fresher friendly campus’ which means a lot more than being just ‘ragging free’. As a fresher-friendly campus, we actively orchestrate your integration to the school, undertake team-building activities and puts in place a lot of social and psychological support to make your business learning and leadership development smooth and easy.
Believe you can, and you are half-way done, if you are at ASB!!
ASB helped me in understanding, exploring and realizing my potential. It offers us with the best faculty who supports and helps us in our personal growth.
Asian School of Business creates high levels of self-confidence, leadership qualities, and motivation among us students.
Thank you ASB for all life changing opportunities and challenges
At ASB, it never gets easier; but it gets better.